2007年11月3日 星期六

Fortune-Telling

" Whatever will be, will be, the future's not ours to see, Que Sara, Sara." This is quoted from a song by Doris Day. It tells us that our future is unpredictable and unforeseen, so whatever will happen will happen. Still, people are always curious about their future and want to know more about their destiny.

I love to read astrology books and the columns in the newspaper and take them with a grain of salt. The reason why I want to read these articles is because I take their advice as a warning, so that I can correct and remind myself of my mistake. Several years ago, I went to see a fortune-teller in I-LAN. She told me I will stop studying after 27 and will get married at 29. I had expected that the fortune-teller I went to see would be accurate, but she turned out to be not so accurate. I didn't get married at 29 and still kept studying after 27. I held her predictions in my mind after that day until one day I went to a church. There they had a ritual to remove all the spells and curses from evil. I thought it might be the reason why the fortune-teller I saw was not accurate since then.

Even though my aunt also told me I have to accept my fate, I still believe no one's destiny is fixed. We still can fulfill our dreams and reach our goal if we try our best. The only one who understands me best is not my aunt or the fortune-tellers, but myself. Everyone has his/her own talent and potential in some way. You can choose to limit yourself or surpass the difficulties.

1 則留言:

匿名 提到...

dear Eunice, 妳講的對極了, 命也許是天註定, 但運是掌握在自己手上. 雖然週圍的人常算命, 我卻不太碰, 因為覺得 真的只有自己才最瞭解自己, 應該或想要怎麼做 自己心裡已有答案. 會去算命,可能都是在茫然無助時,想要一個心理慰藉,一個答案,一個痛快. 但,真的能信以為真嗎?