2008年5月24日 星期六

sandal wood (n.) 檀香
You can burn incense at the temple.
*Keep suggesting yourself and it will change somehow!

She has dark circles under her eyes.

Charlatan: pretend to know something
Narcissist: a person who has the habit of always thinking about himself or admiring himself 自我陶醉者
* Don't just take my word for it. You should go and see for yourself.
* Can you squeeze me into your schedule?
Can you fit me into your schedule ?

*She felt pumped up after training. (pump up-> motivate- energetic)
My muscles flaps. 肌肉下垂

I felt like a million buck.
The odds of this happening are one in a million.

They like to stash money, cookie in the drawer. (Stash-hide something secretly)
I am temped to watch TV on weekends.

She indulges in Shopping sprees.

She dropped a bombshell that the company is bankrupt.

Waver: To be uncertain / unsure/ or falter
He wavered between accepting and refusing
When she heard the news, her courage wavered.

I had a hunch about some numbers, so I am going to play a lottery ticket.
It is only a matter of time before I get over this.
I found myself watching TV all night till the wee hours of the morning.
I found myself talking on the phone till the wee hours of the morning.
I am very remorseful for what's happened; it is not in my nature to do what I did.
The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
The priest absolved him and hold him to say ten " Hail Marys"
I absolve him of all responsibility.
They beseech to go at once.
" Don't kill me, I beseech you."

He got me off the hook.
My boss will not let me off the hook until I fix the mistake.
Hard work will make up for a lack of intelligence.

*conceived= pregnant
* cataract (n.) 白內障
* Glaucoma (n.)青光眼

It really worries us that we will lose such a good customer like you.

沒有留言: